Note: This map is interactive. Narrow your display by state or event type and see the events on the map change.
- This event has passed.
Five Peaks Challenge
29 April @ 6:30 am - 3:00 pm AEST$80 – $90
This is a non-competitive cyclo-sportive event that provides a great challenge to ride the six peaks of Canberra – Mount Stromlo, Red Hill, Mount Pleasant, Mount Ainslie and Black Mountain and Dairy Farmers Hill (in the Arboretum). This was historically named ‘Five Peaks Challenge’ but since 2015, when Dairy Farmers Hill (in the Arboretum) was added, it has six peaks for you. That’s 30% extra!
- Two ride length options of 117 km or 88 km
- You can choose which peaks you climb and which ones you by-pass
- Take on all six peaks for a total elevation gains of about 2,000 m on the longer ride and 1,450 m on the shorter ride – you can bypass the peaks if necessary for less climbing
- Great food stations and support available on the course
- A great way to see Canberra from your saddle
Registration and rider pack collection
The Five Peaks Challenge starts and finishes at Stromlo Forest Park.
Ample parking, toilets and showers are available, as well as a playground for entertaining any children who have come along to watch.
Mechanical assistance will be provided at no cost by Cycle City before the rides start.